Girl Scouts - Cranberry Service Area
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Cranberry Girl Scouts promote leadership and community service for girls from kindergarden through 12th grade.
Girl Scouts is a premier voice for girls and a leading expert on their growth and development.
Together with committed adult volunteers, who partner with girls to guide and inspire their growth and achievement, the organization builds girls of confidence, courage and character who make the world a better place.
Since its founding in 1912, Girl Scouts has offered remarkable opportunities for girls to develop positive values and to contribute to society as leaders, thinkers, and responsible citizens. Today, Girl Scouts remains a highly regarded, contemporary organization and a steadfast advocate for girls.
Are you a girl interested in learning a sport, sampling the arts, preparing for a career, or rafting down a river? Do you dream of publishing stories online, traveling to exotic locales, or speaking on behalf of girls in Washington, D.C.? In Girl Scouting, you can do it all! Girls in grades K-12 can join as girl members. It's never too late to join in the fun. Parents are invited to join in the fun as troop leaders or, simply, helpers in a troop.
Between adult volunteers and girls, Cranberry has over 650 members and over 40 troops. Each troop is independent of their community service projects. Our Girl Scout organization offers many activity opportunities for our girls such as a yearly Father/Daughter Dance, Mother/Daughter Dance, Girl Scout Thinking Day, Girl Scout various age level programs offering badges, fun events, trips and camping experiences. Each troop counts on two annual fundraisers for troop monetary support. These fundraisers include a magazine/nut sale that occurs in September and the nationally known cookie sale which occurs in January.
Girl Scouts discover the fun, friendship, and power of girls together, and you can be a part of it! The possibilities are endless!
- While Data Is Not Destiny, Many Girls Are Falling Behind in America
- Girl Scouts presents Awards of Distinction
- Nominate a Girl of Distinction
- Make New Friends But Keep the Old at the Alumnae Meeting and Dessert Social
- Last chance to sign up for the Adult Fall Enrichment!
- Represent GSWPA at our 2015 National Convention in Salt Lake City!
- Get Oodles of Trainings at our Annual Fall Adult Enrichments
- Make Girl Scouting Even More Affordable Through our MagNut Program
- Join Us for Camp Work Weekends Oct. 3-5
- Ceremony celebrates camp memories