The Community Info Board is managed by CTCC. Non-profit organizations, civic groups, faith-based, and nonprofit educational organizations may submit requests to use the board to promote fundraising, community activities, and upcoming events only, in accordance with the guidelines listed below.
- CTCC members- annual usage fee of $50 (before Feb 16)/ $100 (after Feb 16) allows (4) 2 week messages per year. (Total- 8 wks)
- Faith based and nonprofit educational organizations located in Cranberry Township only- annual usage fee of $50 (before Feb 16)/ $100 (after Feb 16) allows (4) 1 week messages per year. (Total- 4 wks)
- Non-member, nonprofit organizations- $100 for a 2 week period.
Requests are made online and must be submitted at least 5 business days in advance. All messages are subject to CTCC approval. Payment must be received prior to message posting date. (Scroll down for payment area.) Please note: Unused message requests do not carry over into the following year.
Please review the Rules & Regulations below before you begin.
Community Information Board online request form
Community Info Board Guidelines
The Cranberry Township Community Chest (CTCC) manages the criteria and approves the message content for the Community Information Board. The purpose of the Community Information Board is to provide information to the public by allowing non-profit organizations, civic groups, and churches to promote community activities and upcoming events. CTCC is solely responsible for determining which organizations are eligible to participate in the Community Information Board.
CTCC Participation Guidelines are divided into three categories:
- Non-profit & Civic Groups recognized by CTCC
- Cranberry established faith based organizations, churches and non profit educational organizations
- Non-profit & Civic groups not recognized by CTCC or other Communities.
CTCC has the exclusive right to reject any message from any group for any reason.
Non-profit & Civic Groups recognized by CTCC
- The user must be a recognized non-profit recognized by the IRS and be a CTCC member in good standing.
- The user must complete and submit the application form by February 15th of each year with payment of $50 to use of the sign throughout the year. Only the person or people listed on the application can submit message requests. Any non-profit/civic group who registers Feb 16th or later must pay a fee of $100 (please no exceptions). Any last minute registration, with the goal of an upcoming specific event, must complete the form and submit payment TWO WEEKS before the first ad can appear.
- This registration and payment must be submitted every year.
- Message requests must be submitted at least 5 business days in advance of the requested date of posting.
- CTCC members are allowed up to 8 weeks of messages per calendar year. All messages will be in 2 week increments with a maximum message for one event not lasting longer than 4 weeks.
- Each group can only promote their own event and not use their credit to promote another groups’ event.
- The primary goal of the Community Sign is to promote non-profit/civic fundraisers and events. The secondary goal is to encourage residents and business members to volunteer and become members of non-profit and civic organizations. This sign was provided by substantial donations of the Rotary, Lions, Chamber and CTCC. It is requested that ALL groups utilizing the Community Information Sign make a strong effort to promote and attend the events of these groups with their members and volunteers.
- CTCC has exclusive rights to reject any message for any reason.
Cranberry Faith-based Organizations and Nonprofit Educational Organizations:
- The user must be within the boundaries of Cranberry Township and be an established and recognized religious and or educational establishment and must complete and submit the attached application form by February 15th with payment of $50 to have use of the sign. Only one person listed on the application can submit message requests. Any church registering February 16th or later must pay a fee of $100. Any last minute registration, with the goal of announcing an upcoming specific event, must submit a completed form with payment TWO WEEKS before the first ad can appear.
- Faith-based organizations and nonprofit educational organizations are limited to a maximum of four weeks per calendar year, which can be four one-week messages or two two-week messages.
- This sign was provided by substantial donations of the Rotary, Lions, Chamber and CTCC and it is requested that all groups utilizing the Community Information Board also make a strong effort to promote the events of these groups in your church bulletins and web sites.
- Have an official representative of your organization attend a once a year Community Meeting at the Township Municipal Building on the second Monday of March and the Four Pillars Luncheon at the start of CTCC Community Days (Community Days is set at the second Saturday of July and the Thursday & Friday prior to this day)
- Messages are for fundraising or community related events only. No messages are permitted for recruiting or gathering members, announcing services or any messages not related to the fundraising event.
- CTCC has exclusive rights to reject any message for any reason.
Non-profit/Civic Groups not recognized by CTCC and other Communities:
- The Non-profit/Civic group must be registered with the IRS as a nonprofit doing good for the community.
- Non-profit's that are not part of CTCC and other Communities must submit a completed application with payment of $100 for each two week message. A separate application and fee must be submitted for each message, with the maximum of two messages per year from that organization. No message for the same event can be back to back. The application and fee must be submitted 3 weeks before the first message is to appear on the sign.
- CTCC has exclusive rights to reject any message for any reason.
- All postings for the Community Information Board shall be approved by CTCC.
- Use of the sign is limited to Cranberry Township and CTCC recognized registered users as listed above.
- Partners (Cranberry Township, SV, Rotary, Lions, The Chamber, and CTCC) have unlimited use of the sign.
- Community Information Board posting application:
- Message may be in text only.
- An application will not be considered if the form is incomplete or if payment to CTCC has not been received.
- There is a two-week limit on a message. Additional or repeat posting requests must be submitted through the application process
- CTCC or the Township will not store or save postings (messages) for an applicant. It is the applicant’s responsibility to save and store messages intended for re-posting.
- CTCC will not be responsible for inaccurate information provided by the applicant. Errors and omissions are the applicant’s responsibility and re-posting or corrections requested after the message has been posted may be subject to removal of the message from the message board and/or additional application fees.
- The message frequency will be determined by CTCC and the number of messages posted at that time.
- Neither Cranberry Township nor CTCC can be held liable for Community Information Board malfunctions, power outages or acts of nature.
- Cranberry Township reserves the right to post emergency messages which may override existing messages in content and exposure.
- CTCC reserves the right to deny an application for any reason.
- CTCC will select font, color and style of the message.
- Logos, images, or other graphics are not permitted as per the Cranberry Township sign ordinance.
- The board may be used by nonprofit member and non-member organizations to promote fundraising, community activities, and upcoming events only.
- Political, commercial and non-community events will not be permitted.
- No business names can be mentioned.
- Advertising for private events or retail events will not be permitted.
- Content of the message shall be intended for community-wide information.
- CTCC reserves the right to adjust messages to fit the screen.
Request for Message Posting:
- Applications will only be accepted from recognized users.
- All areas of the application must be completed. Start and end times for the posting are required. Only the person or people listed on the application can submit messages for that organization.
- If multiple messages are requested, a new application for each message is required.
- Message applications are available on CTCC website. (soon to be posted)
- All Applications must be completed and submitted to CTCC ten business days (2 weeks) prior to the requested posting date. An Application will not be considered if incomplete and/or without payment.
- A request for a posting change regarding unforeseen circumstances must be submitted in writing (email) to CTCC.
- Applications will be reviewed and approved on a first come first serve basis.
- Payment is acceptable by check or money order made payable to CTCC, and mailed to CTCC Communications Board. 2525 Rochester Road, Suite 450, Cranberry Township, PA 16066 or cash payment dropped off at the Customer Service desk at same address. All money collected for sign use goes to the Legacy Endowment for future Community Project of the Year projects.
- You may pay online by using the Ecwid button below. If you are a CTCC Non-Profit or Civic Group Member or Cranberry Township Church, you may select the $50 payment below if you are paying on or before February 15th for a given year. All other payments should use the $100 option.
What makes the ideal message on the Community Information Board? (soon to be posted)
Questions and answers:
- I am doing a Senior Project (backyard carnival, 5K, bake sale, etc) that benefits an established nonprofit group can I advertize on the Community Information Board? If it is an established CTCC non-profit or civic group, then you need to contact that non-profit to see if they want to use one of their four yearly allotted messages to promote this event. If it is a non-profit that is not part of CTCC, then that non-profit must submit an application and payment to advertize that event.
- We are a business that is raising money for a good cause, can we advertize on the Community Information Board? If it is an established CTCC non-profit or civic group, then you need to contact that non-profit to see if they want to use one of their four yearly allotted messages to promote this event. If it is a non-profit that is not part of CTCC, then that non-profit must submit an application and payment to advertize that event. Under no circumstances do we allow the business’s name to appear on the board.
- We are raising money for our US troops, for someones’ operation, for an environmental cause, etc? We encourage you to talk directly with a CTCC non-profit to see if they are willing to combine this event with their advertisement. For example events that benefit the troops may be something that the VFW will support and so on for other meaningful and important events like these.
- Why can’t I just pay the $100 to advertise on the Community Information Board even if I am not an established non-profit or civic group? Because that was not the intent of the partners when they got together to raise money to make the community sign a reality. Thousands of man-hours and over one hundred thousand dollars were invested with a specific intent in mind. These rules and regulation reflects this intent. We understand that we may not satisfy everyone.
- I belong to the Band booster, Quarterback Club, Hockey club, etc. Why can’t we use the board for our fundraiser or recruitment? Organizations like band booster, etc are great and are important but are specific to raising money for their child involved in that activity. We do allow groups like CTAA, SV Soccer Assoc, SVJFA to advertize because they also contribute millions of dollars to our park system and thousands of hours to maintaining and improving our fields and parks.
We are a charity, why are you charging us to use the sign?There are one million cars that pass that intersection per week. Full advertisement costs for a similar sign would be thousands of dollars, not the small fee we charge. Thus offering any nonprofit the use of that sign for just a small fee to reach hundreds of thousands of cars is an opportunity in itself. We do not think you can find any other organizations that offer something this valuable for such a small fee. We do not make a profit from the sign. The electricity, maintenance, future replacement costs are all real costs that must be address and this small charge helps to cover those costs.
- I am not happy or I think I have a question or exception not answered in these rules & regulation, who do I contact? Send an email to email@example.com. Please know that Cranberry Township, UPMC or any sponsors do not have jurisdiction regarding the rules and regulations. CTCC has exclusive rights to the sign and to accept or reject any messages for any reason. None the less, we will consider any serious request or exceptions.